- Which are the consequences for the prevalent health problems such as obesity, malnutrition, diabetes, hyperlipidemia?
- How can affect to the health of the population the lack of food with fiber?
- What happens when an unbalanced or diverted diet?
- What are the main characteristics of a healthy diet and how we can influence the health education of the population?
- Which are the specific diets for the main types of diseases and how develop them?
- What is it and how to use artificial nutrition?
These are some of the questions posed in the field of nutrition and, professionals in dietetics and nutrition must know them and know how to solve it.
Career Graduate in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
The Council of Europe since 1986 defined the areas of dieticians / nutritionists, areas that correspond with the usual career of these graduates.
- Food for sick people.
Working in hospitals and primary care centers.
- Food industries.
Work in research programs and realize tasks of information and promotion of products to ensure the link between marketing, technology and research and development.
- Research centers of public and private organizations.
Working in groups of basic or applied research, both in the field of clinical and community nutrition.
- Food intake and nutritional education.
Work in the field of information and education (consumer information centers, associations of chronic patients, schools, etc.).
- Teaching activities.
Teaching courses in statutory or otherwise, medical staff, catering staff, etc.
- Other activities.
Technical advisory work, organization of services in different areas (nursing homes, sports centers, etc.).
- Free exercise of the profession
Communication and dissemination in various media: press, radio, television and others.